If I Had My Child to Raise Over Again by Diane Loomans

If I had my child to raise all over again,
I'd finger-paint more, and point the fingers less.
I would do less correcting and more connecting.
I'd take my eyes off my watch, and watch with my eyes.
I would care to know less and know to care more.
I'd take more hikes and fly more kites.
I'd stop playing serious, and seriously play.
I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars.

I'd do more hugging and less tugging.
I'd build self-esteem first, and the house later.
I would be firm less often, and affirm much more.
I'd teach less about the love of power, And more about the power of love.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Middle Age and Older Parenthood and Grandparenthood

Grandparents take their grandchildren by the hand and lead them into the future.

Grandparents are a Blessing

When God created grandparents
the world was truly blessed
with all the special joys
that make a family happiest...
For grandparents know how to do
the things that warm a heart,
They touch our lives with loving care
right from the very start...
They show that they believe in us
and all we're dreaming of...
When God created grandparents,
He blessed our lives with love.



This is good for those who are responsible for the care of their parents.  Its an online support network that brings all caregivers together at one site for the understanding and guidance they need.


If you are like me, I haven't really thought about how the roles in life changes when you become more responsible for your parents.  I also haven't really considered yet how the pressure will strain your relationship with your siblings.  Here, you will find useful information to help guide you as you transition to this phase.




Grandparenting is like the grand-finale of life!  To me, nothing is more important than a Grandparent!  Grandparents offer the unconditional love that all children need to flourish.  Also, being a Grandparent, also means you are coming nearer towards the end of your life.  With that comes greater responsibilities for those who will take care of you, guide you along the journey, all the way to the end. 

Included in this post are areas where you can go to for support, guidance and advice for when you come to those times when you are unsure of yourself and what you are suppose to do to take of those who once took care of you.  I also included a poem that explains what Grandparents mean to me.  The video also touched my heart as there is nothing greater than a Grandparent and all they mean to me!


No comments:

Post a Comment